Monday, November 22, 2004

November 22nd, 2004

Let the fun begin! Our houseguests have begun to arrive for Thanksgiving. Jakob’s Godfather, his wife and daughter from Florida got in last night. The few days before we get company are always a little stressful for Jakob. We get busy getting stuff around the house ready and that throws him off his usual routine so he’s been a little “off”…cranky, fussy, difficult, disagreeable. The only way to fix it is to spend a lot of time comforting him and I haven’t quite figured out that balance yet…taking care of him and taking care of life. I think I have one thing figured out though…how to explain to friends and family what’s going on in his head. I have to stop telling people what he can’t do and focus what he can do. I’m gonna stop talking to them about the milestones he hasn’t reached and concentrate on the things he does do. He can smile, laugh, kiss and hug…he can let me know if he’s hungry or thirsty, if he wants to watch a video, do a puzzle or read a book. I’ll always know what he needs help with, I just won’t talk about it in front of him…only positive thoughts and comments. Stay positive is my motto for today. Hopefully he’s adjusting to the extra people in the house…they came all this way to just love on him…

-Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home