Thursday, February 22, 2007

February 21, 2007

Wow. That was funny. Kinda gross but very funny.

We have made huge headway in the potty-training department. We pretty much got the pee pee part down. The only time I've had an issue is if he really has to go (and I can tell cause he does a pretty entertaining pee pee dance), but he's in the middle of doing something. Something very important. And if he's in the middle of something, he ain't leavin' it until he's done. So...if he's watching a "Signing Time" video, we could have an accident. Other than that little glitch, he's been great. I've even taught him to "dab, dab, dab" himself to clean up drippage and he wipes the toilet seat before he flushes. He's good...really good.

The number 2 thing is a different story. I'm lucky if I catch him in the middle of the movement. If I catch him, we make a dash for the bathroom in hopes that we can finish the job in the bowl. Sometimes we make it but most of the time, we don't. I realize that it's happened when I see him walking a little funny and he's headed for the bathroom. Well, tonite, I caught him heading to the bathroom so I ran in and flipped up the lid, yanked his pants down to his ankles and plopped him on the seat. But he was done. We missed it. Usually when this happens, I take the contents of his underwear and drop it (or them) in the toilet and make a big deal about "poopie goes in the potty". I messed up. I took five steps out of the bathroom to grab the wet wipes and when I got back, he had put his underwear and his sweatpants in the potty and he was trying to pick up a runaway with a piece of toilet paper. God love him, his was putting the poopie in the potty.

Ooh...and last night, I realized just how many timea a day I tell Jakob I love him. (It's a lot). Every time I say it to him, he does the sign for "I love you" back to me. Precious, I tell ya. LAst night, he was almost out and he had this half-grin happy face. I whispered "I love you" to him and with his eyes still shut, he signed it back to me. If only I'd had a camera...it was the cutest darn thing that I've ever seen.

I'm keeping him.

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I'm not sure if that's a marketing tag we'll use... "Signing Time! - so engaging it may cause accidents!"
But it's good to know! :-) And made me smile.

Thanks for sharing about Signing Time!
www.signingtime.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home