Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Jakob's Journal

Entry for June 13, 2006


Today...when I picked him up from camp, I got a great parking place...right in front. I could see thru the door that they were doing circle time. There were 2 little guys standing at the door when we pulled in. A therapist redirected them back to circle time. Then, Jakob came to the door. His little eyes all red and swollen...so tired and ready to cry. He saw me and smiled...and when the therapist tried to get him to go back to the circle, I saw his little lips mouth "mama". I about lost it. It was sooooo sweet. I didn't care that it was 7 more minutes until camp was over for the day, I went in and kissed my kid. I'll never forget that sweet little face standing at the door, ready to go home after a long day at camp. It's so hard being 4...

By the way...the only reason I got the great parking place was because all the other mothers knew better than to park where their kids might see them...it disrupts the class...oops. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home