Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Jakob's Journal: June 4th, 2006

Entry for June 4, 2006



I'm in my happy place..."Serenity Now"...great day yesterday, great morning this morning. He sat at the table for his breakfast, he hung out in my room, he jumped on his little tramp inside and his big one in the back yard, He's been singing and dancing. There's been some water and sand involved. He's been so happy, it's been so nice.

Ok...my job continues to become clearer to me...at home, I prepare him for a good day...whatever that day entails. If he's gonna be running all day...start out the day nice and calm. Ease him into it...try not to rush him unless you absolutely have to. Make sure he does all of the jumping he wants to do. If he doesn't wanna change his diaper right away...don't rush him. Do not force him to do anything that he doesn't feel like doing right now. Pick battles...and always show him respect. Respect the kid. I wouldn't want somebody constantly telling me what to do, bossing me around, making me do stuff before I was ready to...I wouldn't want somebody messin' with my tv or turning off the stereo if I was listening to my favorite song. Jakob has to have a place where as often as possible, he gets his way. I know the difference between being a booger and being rotten. Jakob isn't rotten. If he's doing something rotten, it's out of frustration that he can't communicate what his needs are. If he's screaming uncontrollably, it's because he's losing his mind...it's the same way I feel when I can't get someone to understand me. How would I feel if the entire world didn't understand me??? That's why it is my job to be the safe place for Jakob. He will always be understood by me. His needs always come first. When I do that...everybody wins. I make his life easier...and in return, my life is easier. It's peace, love and laughter, baby! And who wouldn't wanna live like that???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home