Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Jakob's Journal

Entry for June 22, 2006

Jakob is doing great...life is good. No complaints. He's been handling his very busy schedule beautifully. I'm quite impressed. We're doing something right...I'm not sure what, but it's right.

Jakob's been unusually interactive lately...he has lots of energy, he's laughing a lot and he's runnin' me ragged. We had quite the busy day yesterday. Our itinerary looked something like this:

Picked him up at camp at 4:15...home by 4:45. Lots of talking in the car and he was definitely making sure that I was going the right way.

As soon as we got home, he went straight to the trampoline in the living room where he jumped for a good 15 minutes.

Then he was in the mood for a bath. I played one of his favorite cd's while he was in the tub and we had a ball doing "head, shoulders, knees and toes".

Dinnertime...huge pile of macaroni and cheese.

He plays the piano, ya know. He's learning a new song..."Where is Thumkin?"...he's almost got it. So we practiced and he just loved all the praise...he's very talented.

TV time...Underwater Adventures was the video he chose. He really likes to watch his video, jump on the trampoline, sing, dance and play with a toy or two.

When the video was over, we went for a little stroll around the block...very nice walk. When we went outside, he went straight to the car thinking we were going for a ride. He sure gave me a big smile when he realized we were going for a walk. He likes to go for walks.

After his walk, we hung out...played with some toys, he jumped on his trampoline and we watched some tv.

He's just been a complete joy...in such a good mood, laughing a lot. I like it. I like it a lot.

But the best part of our day was going to bed. Jakob did something he's never done before. I went through his whole bedtime routine and I tucked him in, gave him a kiss and told him I loved him. When I turned to leave the room, he grabbed me and pulled me into the bed. He laid me down right where he wanted me (behind him in the "spoon" position)...he wanted me to snuggle with him. It was awesome. He's never been very big on anybody being in his space...and now he was putting me in the middle of one of his favorite spaces. I know so many parents who go through the phase with their kids not wanting to sleep alone. Jakob's never had a problem with that. When Jakob pulled me into the bed, it was one of those moments where I felt "typical". Too cool...too sweet. He's awesome. I love that kid...he's my baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home