Wednesday, November 24, 2004

November 24th, 2004

Jakob is just awesome, he’s so cute. He makes everyone laugh. It’s so wonderful to see my son through someone else’s eyes. Jakob’s Godfather and his family have been here since Sunday. They haven’t seen Jakob in two years and I was nervous that he would ignore them. That’s usually what he does with all visitors except for my parents. The McCarthy family has been waiting for this visit and really looking forward to seeing Jakob so I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. Jakob’s been amazing. He took right to all 3 of them. He’s been dragging them all over the house, playing with them and even snuggling up with them!!! I can’t believe it…I’m so thrilled and they’re having a blast. They keep saying what a great kid he is…he’s happy, his disposition around the house is great and all of his little quirks are so endearing. They’re absolutely right. Kenny and I don’t have much of a support system here outside of Jakob’s therapists. We have some friends but not like we’ve had before. I think life must be easier if you have a lot of family close by who know you and know how to help. It’s easy with our situation to get caught up in the clinical side of Jakob and we forget to just enjoy him. So far this week, I’ve really been enjoying my son and not worrying so much. This is gearing up to be a great Thanksgiving and we have so much to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your friends and family…

-Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home