Monday, March 26, 2007

March 26, 2007

The adventure begins...it's spring. It's time to play outside. Outside is fun...lots to do. There's a trampoline and a swingset with slides and everything. And...there's a sandbox. So far, he's been pretty good with the sandbox. He's gotten in there a couple of times but didn't stay too long. I'm gonna keep my eye on that one. If he likes the sand to the point where all he does is stim on it, it may have to go away. I hope that doesn't happen...I know he really enjoys it. And I can't wait for him to remember the hose...

Spring is always a busy time. Jakob's social calender fills up quickly and we seem to be going all over the place. I dragged him to a fashion show and a slumber party over the weekend and he was a dream. He just hung out. He didn't get mad, he didn't pull me to the door, he didn't squeal. He was great.

Now, what I've learned is...if he's great in public, there's a decent shot that he's gonna make me pay for it. And, he did...a little bit. When we got home, he had a lot to do and not much time to do it. He had to read his books (all 7 of them), arrange some toys, eat some cookies, and get a drink. So...we were up awhile...til about 10. That wasn't too bad.

It was the one-man party that started at 2:30 am that got me. The party went on 'til 6:30ish. Party, party, party. And I'm afraid that I set myself up for this one. I think I screwed up with the alphabet sheets. He loves the alphabet, ya know...so you'd think that alphabet sheets would be great, right? Wrong. When I heard him talking at 2:30, I found him trying to rearrange the sheets. I think he was trying to line up the letters on the flat sheet with the letters on the fitted sheet. I'm still not sure. I tried to help him but I couldn't figure out exactly what he was trying to do. Finally, I pulled his winter sheets out of the closet. He took one look at those and tore the alphabet sheets off the bed. He even helped me put his flannel Christmas sheets back on the bed. This process took at least 45 monutes...and I was hopeful he'd climb into his flannel sheets and go back to sleep. No luck there either. He headed down the stairs. It was time to read.

Pretty much everything after that is a blur. I just remember him having a great time...until 6:30ish. Yup...he got me. He got me good. Turkey. I guess that's what I get for taking him to a 9-year-old girls' slumber party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home