Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30, 2008...More video!

Well, tomorrow is a big day...it's the Red's Opening Day Parade and we've been building the winning float. It's Q102's entry and we're promoting the Autism Speaks Walk (which I'm Co-Chairing...have I ever mentioned that? It's a project!). We have a working waterfall and everything...pictures to come. If I can figure out how to post them!

Between the walk, the float and the Raun Kaufman (the original Son Rise kid) lecture series that I've been trying to make happen, all my free time has been pretty much spoken for. But it's all good and I love every minute of it.

Jakob continues to amaze me every day. Today, he wasn't too happy with me tho. I had to give him a supository this morning so we could do a heavy metals urine test...party, party, party. It made him a little cranky...it would make me cranky too.

There are so many words that he's getting closer and closer to saying. The sounds are coming easier to him and they're becoming so much clearer. It's hysterical to hear him try to say "banana". One thing he's definitely got is "Mom, up". He sure does enjoy bossing me around.

We've been able to eliminate cookies from his diet. He's back on bananas and cereal. All the stuff I'm trying to get him to eat, he loves to shove in my mouth. Some of the gluten free/casein free stuff ain't half bad. Notice I said "some".

I go back to the Autism Treatment Center of America in 2 weeks. I'm really excited. I'm anxious to learn more and get better at this. The week-long course is actually taught by the parents who developed the Son Rise Program...so cool!!

I have some more video to share. I shot this a few weeks ago. Enjoy!

http://cetconnect.org/lifelong/autism.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home