Sunday, January 27, 2008

January 27, 2008...all is great

I'm really tired but all is well. Actually, all is great. Jakob has been amazing. The kid is doing so many things that I've never seen before and he's so happy, so connected. As he falls asleep at night , without having to watch a movie, he just looks me in the eye and smiles. The look of peace and joy in his eyes is priceless. I go to bed every night with a smile on my face. I much prefer that to the way I used to go to sleep...one big ball of stress, heart pounding with an uncontollable urge to cry. I don't miss that.

One thing's for sure...I gotta get some people lined up to spend time with him in the playroom. I've been doing anywhere from 4-6 hours a day in there with him and it's starting to catch up with me. I can easily pull off 4, maybe even 6 but where I'm running into a challenge is when we come up out of the room. Believe me...I'm not complaining...in fact, it's awesome. Instead of him just hanging out doing his own thing and not wanting to be bothered, he's pulling me all over the house to play with him!! It's unreal. I love it! I just can't get anything done. I still have Christmas decorations up for crying out loud!

He's totally capable of spending 10-12 hours in the playroom every day. He'd happily go in at 7:30am and not come out til after 8pm. He's done it more than a few times. He loves that playroom. And what could be better than having him spend one-on-one time with somebody who loves and accepts him and just wants to be with him doing all the things he loves to do? Nothing can compare to that. So...off looking for loving, accepting, non-judgmental people I go.

So far, I do have one good one. He's young, cute, full of energy and perfect. I love him...and I need 3 or 4 more just like him. It's funny, he was the first person I thought of when I decided that we were gonna do a Son-Rise Program. A mother's instinct, I guess. From the moment I put him in the playroom with Jakob, I knew. He was the kind of person I want Jakob to be with. Easy to describe...but I think you gotta see it to understand. He's somebody who accepts people just the way they are...no judgments, no discomfort. I wish there were more people like him in the world. I know there are some...just gotta find 'em.

And until I have a full schedule of wonderful people, I'll just keep working on my list of things to do...one thing at a time. I actually made a list...it's around 56 things long. No problem, no worries, all is well. The most important thing is being taken care of...my son is going to sleep smiling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home