Sunday, January 06, 2008

January 6, 2008...it has begun

January 6, 2008

So far, so great! We've officially begun our Son Rise Program. As of right now, it's just for several hours a day until I get all my volunteers and a schedule set. So for now, it's been primarily me in the playroom with him. The last couple of days, we've been down there for 5-6 hours each day. He doesn't want to leave. He loves it. And so do I.

I can honestly say, it's been the best time that Jakob and I have ever had together. And we'd had some pretty good times before. But this is different. This is all about him. I have no agenda. I'm enjoying, completely and without any distraction, being a part of his world. And what a beautiful world it is. It's a simple, joyful place with a lot of letters, numbers, markers and a trampoline. The big blue ball and the mirror are quite popular too. And it wouldn't be Jakob's Playroom without his blankie....and a blankie for me too. All of his favorite things are there and they're quickly becoming my favorite things as well.

Time flies in the playroom. I have to wear a watch to make sure that he eats and goes to the bathroom on schedule. An hour feels like 5 minutes...unless we're jumping. I learned a big lesson the other day...always wear good jumping shoes and a bra. They're must-haves. Also, be sure to have enough cookies and water...for him and for me.

Meanwhile, all my Christmas decorations are still up and probably will be til March. Happy Holidays!! The spirit of Christmas remains alive and well in this house, in more ways than one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home