Thursday, November 15, 2007

November 15, 2007...focus

Somebody had a rough day at school. I could see it in his eyes...he was pooped. Computer issues...shocker.

Of course, the first thing he wanted when we got home was the computer and he looked so darn sad, I gave it to him. It was pretty non-stop for 2 hours.

After he got it out of his system, we had a fabulous evening. We watched a nursery rhyme video and he was hysterical. We were singing and dancing and he kept giving me unsolicited hugs and kisses. We had fun. He was giggling a lot and that was nice to see. All things considered, it was a pretty quick recovery time from the squealing and stomping I witnessed when we first got home.

We have a little microphone toy and a mirror that we can record our voices into and we were singing along with all the nursery rhymes. We have some work to do on the pronunciation but the kid's got rhythm...impressive. So frickin' cute.

I've started flipping through the bazillion catalogs I've gotten in the mail looking at potential Christmas gifts. I just don't know what to get him, I really don't. It sure seems like he already has everything from that period of time when I bought everything there was available. All the new stuff I see involves batteries and we're going off those, so...I don't know. In all honesty, I'm probably just out of practice. I haven't been doing a lot of shopping lately. I gave up credit cards in July. I'll just keep looking.

Focus, focus, focus. That's what I'm doing. Be in the moment, live in the now, be present. It's so important not to let any of the silly stuff from other parts of my day seep into my time with Jakob. I catch myself thinking about crap that has nothing to do with where I'm at and what I'm doing. It's easy to let the mind wander. Gotta focus...bring it back. Get in the zone. I'm getting better at it every day.

It really is a no-brainer, there's no part of my day or my life that even comes close to comparing to the time I spend with Jakob. He's the best. So when I'm with the best, I need to enjoy it.

And tonight, I did. Big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home