Tuesday, November 06, 2007

November 6, 2007...the first step

Healing myself. Sounds like a party. But so far, it has been. I'm feeling better every day and more and more like the girl who laughed all the time. I'm a work in progress and so far, I like it. A lot.

Probably, the biggest lesson I've learned about Jakob is he's sensitive to more than certain foods, grocery stores and restaurants. He's sensitve to the moods of the people around him. Super-sensitive. No matter how hard I try to fake it, if I'm annoyed, agitated, frustrated or impatient, he knows it. And it absolutely, undeniably affects him. He feels more than he sees.

So that means I can never be annoyed, agitated, frustrated or impatient. Simple enough...uh huh.

It's a process and it's a choice. I can choose to feel however I want to no matter what the situation is. They're my feelings and I'm the only one responsible for them. There is no one else to blame for my feelings.

And I'm not a victim. Neither is Jakob. We are survivors and thrivers.

Attitude is everything and my attitude is improving every day.

We're off to a pretty good start.

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenn,
I am a big fan of your radio show and of you, all of you guys on the show! I love Jakob's Journal and learn so much from your blogs.I am 34 yrs old, married with a 7 yr old son. reading the way you describe yourself reminds me so much of myself and I completely identify with so much that you write. My son does not have Autism but just becoming a mom I went through alot of the same feelings and insecurites that you describe. I admire you tremendously, love your attitude and I am learning so much from you about Autism. I really hope things keep going good and that Jakob and you keep moving forward..I look forward to reading more of your journals!

Peace,
Brandi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home