Tuesday, August 28, 2007

August 28, 2007

It's birthday time!! I can't believe my little pumpkin is turning 6 on Monday. Time flies and we've been busy.

Jakob started first grade last week. It's so hard to say for sure how he's doing since he can't tell me. I haven't quite figured out at the end of his school day if he's just wiped out or shut down. There's a big difference but the look can be the same. I'd say at this point, he's handling it pretty well. He comes home and is in a fog for about 30 minutes. Then he gets his second wind and it's playtime. I don't want this month's water bill...the hose is constantly running...nothing beats playing with water.

I went shopping for presents today. I walked in the store, telling myself that I'd just pick up a few things...yeah, right. I found some pretty cool stuff and I hardly spent any money. At least nowhere near what I used to blow in one outing. I'm becoming more fiscally responsible (and it sucks). But I'm really looking forward to giving it all to him...I know there's a ball toy and some gears that he's gonna go nuts over. I'll never make it 'til his birthday. I'm already picking out which one I want to play with tonight.

I decided to keep his party simple...tons of water and lots of people. It's gonna take some manuevering to keep him calm and cool with the craziness but I know we can do it. He'll have a blast if he's in the right frame of mind. It's my job to get him to his happy place. May the force be with me. (I love Star Wars very much)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home