Sunday, April 15, 2007

April15, 2007

Wow. Talk about busy. It's a little nuts. It's all good so I don't mind the craziness.

Let's run down what's been going on since my last entry...

Two weeks ago, we built an Autism Awareness float for Q102's entry in the Reds Opening Day Parade. We got Second Place...in our first attempt in a competition!! It was VERY exciting!!

Last week, we shot a lot of video for our documentary "The Road to the First Pitch", we threw a fundraiser that raised money for the ASGC and we had a Jakob's Playdate at ABC.

This week, we prepare for the first pitch and finalize the details for the big Autism Speaks presentation on Saturday morning.

And all that on top of how wonderful Jakob has been...

My parents were here last weekend and I've never seen my Dad have so much fun with Jakob. They were reading "The Monster at the End of This Book"...which my father read to me at least 500 times when I was Jakob's age. Dad never has been able to just stick to the script and he's quite animated. Jakob loved it. Dad also enjoyed Jakob's reaction when he twisted his ears and made a funny sound. But nothing really compared to the running around the house singing "All around the mulberry bush, the monkey chased the weasel. The monkey stopped to scratch his butt...pop goes the weasel". Dad was never very good at sticking to the lyrics either. And when Dad sings...let's just say "he's really feelin' it".

We even had some unbelievably sweet moments...like when Jakob was starting to get sleepy and he curled up beside Dad on the couch. All the girls in the room went "aww"... and I think my Dad really dug it...I know Jakob did.

This morning with Jakob was an award-winner...definitely one of my "Top 5 Moments". Jakob was doing some writing...he loves to write words from his "Signing Time" videos on index cards (I should own stock in index cards). I took a piece of construction paper and wrote "Mommy loves Jakob!" on it. He grabbed a fresh piece of paper and a pink marker and wrote "Jakob loves Mommy"...with no prompts from me. He just did it. I melted.

That piece of paper is hanging on the fridge and will be framed in the near future.

And...sometime this week, I'd really like to get my next tattoo...it's a simple one..."Believe".

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jen,
I saw you and Jakob at the Reds game Saturday night for autism awareness...Jakob is beautiful. My almost 6-year-old son, Daniel, who is on the spectrum, did great through the game. I didn't think we'd make it the whole 9 innings. I asked him if he likes baseball and he said, "yes, yes." Hopefully we will make it sometime to your playdate, but Daniel takes music therapy on Saturday mornings. Keep up the good work! Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home