Monday, April 07, 2008

April 7, 2008...it's working!

So neat, so cool, I just dig it.

We had another Son Rise Facilitator Outreach today and wow, the kid is doing great!! We made a list of special changes...wanna see?? Ok! I'd be glad to share...let's start with vocabulary. When we started in January, he said "up" and that was pretty much it. Now he says "bubbles, Mom, move, black, blue and bounce"...all clearly! And there are soooo many words that he's soooo close to saying. It won't be long and he's trying so hard. He's definitely understanding the value of language. It' so cool.

And he's giving us so many green lights, so many opportunities to introduce him to new activities. He's developed such an interest in interacting with us that he's open to trying different things.

He's so much more flexible. He's lightening up and being less rigid.

We're getting more and more eye contact every day and he's looking longer. He's engaging us!

And...he's ineracting for longer periods of time. He'll stick with an activity with us for 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes...sometimes even longer.

He was so funny the other night, I cried I was laughing so hard. He's loved to draw rainbows for the longest time. One day, a while ago, I drew 2 moons and made a rainbow with that...he titled it "Moonbow". So then we did a starbow and a sunbow. We've been drawing these "bows" for weeks. Well, the other night, I drew 2 cows...then 2 dogs...then he took over and drew a pigbow, catbow, fishbow, turkeybow, frogbow, lizardbow and a snakebow. He'd draw the animals and hand me the crayons that he wanted me to use to make the "bow" and then he'd title it. He started a turtlebow but was so tired that he was almost falling asleep. I promised him that he could finish the next day and he agreed to come upstairs and go to bed. So frickin' cute. He was coming up with all the animals on his own...I'm tellin' ya, he's brilliant!!

Oh yeah...and he's given up cookies and is eating bananas and cereal instead. Ha!

We're just having so much fun and he's laughing all the time. One of my favorites things to do is ask him where Mommy's belly button is...he takes his hand and first shoves it down my clevage thinking he's gonna find it. He eventually does but it may take a minute or two. He's persistent...gotta respect that.

I leave Sunday for Massachusetts. I'm really looking forward to it. I just can't wait to learn more and see what we can do with him next.

I did take some more video today...I'll get it up soon...as soon as I figure out how to edit it. We have this blind spot in the playroom where you just can't see what he's doing through the window so there are some points where it looks like an empty room. I'll work on it. And, I have to take video of me in there with him to take with to Mass...so I'll get that up too.

Party is on!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home