Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May 28, 2008...poor buddy

So...it's 1am and I'm watching him sleep on the couch. It's actually been about 12 minutes since he last vomited and I'm poised to move if it happens again.

Now I know why he was so darn sweet all afternoon! He was all snuggly and cozy...seemed to feel ok though. No fever, he wasn't cranky. I was thrilled that when he was telling me "no" he only said it 2 times instead of 4. Poor little buddy. It started at about 8:45 and has been continuous. He's soooo exhausted and I'm just sitting here feeling pretty helpless and pretty darn tired myself.

I just keep watching...wondering.

This is the tough part, always has been. Is it simply an upset tummy? Is he having any severe pain? I would think if he was really hurting, he'd cry, right? Well, he ain't crying. Food poisoning? All he eats are bananas, hot dogs and Perky O's...

Sure would be nice if he could tell me. I find great solace in the fact that he'll be able to tell me soon...we get closer every day.

So now I have a big decision to make...he hasn't thrown up in 19 minutes...do I try to fall asleep next to him on the couch or do I keep watching?? I have to get up to go to work in less than 3 hours...what to do, what to do...

He just moaned...better grab a towel...there will be lots of laundry to do tomorrow, that's for sure.

Seriously...how do people do this with more than one???????????

Yup...I'll be up awhile yet.

Another frustrating part...and this is gonna be a bit graphic...but he doesn't really grasp the whole throwing up thing. I keep telling him to "get it out" but he keeps insisting on trying to swallow it. Fun, huh? He makes it harder on himself and there ain't much I can do about it. Poor buddy.

Watching this reminds me of those nights I mixed tequila shots, purple hooters, buttery nipples and sex on the beach...only instead of on the couch, I was laying on the cold bathroom tile....and swearing I'd never do that again.

How much bile can there be?

I've already googled "vomiting no fever" and I shouldn't worry for about another 12 hours...unless other symptoms pop up...

I'm just gonna keep on watching...probably wouldn't be able to sleep anyway...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home