Tuesday, December 07, 2004

December 7th, 2004

I’m finally recovering from our Thanksgiving guests and our Radio-thon for St. Joseph’s Orphanage. Jakob’s not quite there yet. He’s not been sleeping very well and he’s been a little obstinate (like his father!). He really needs some Mommy/Jakob alone time and hopefully we’ll get to that this week.

Last week, we went to a book fair at his school and he was pretty good. He didn’t want to stand still but he never wandered too far from me…showing a little more independence, but not too much. I’m buying every book I see that’s about numbers and letters. His teacher told me that we’ll probably reach him that way since his loves them so much. I now have 756 books (just kidding but it does seem like it).

I’ve also been putting some his favorite things like puzzle pieces and balls in plastic jars that he can’t open. I then put a picture of what’s inside on top of the jar. He has to bring me the picture to get me to open the jar. Sounds kinda crazy but it’s how we’re trying to get him to communicate with us what he wants.

His OT gave me some great ideas for Christmas. Jakob has never opened a present, he’s never known what to do. Today we will begin to wrap everything around the house and I’m gonna show him how to tear into it…this should be a treat.

I wish I had it in me to say how I’m “feeling” right now. To be honest, I’m just wiped out. Between day-to-day trying to help Jakob, the big picture of helping Jakob, work, home, Kenny, the pets, family, friends, Christmas and 8 million other things, I just don’t have the energy to be overly “in touch” with my emotions. Sometimes I just have to be a machine in order to get it all done. I’m ok with that as long as I make sure Jakob gets all the love and attention he needs….that’s pretty easy to do since the hugs and kisses are by far the best part of my day.

-Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home