Thursday, May 26, 2005

May 26, 2005

Jakob had his last day of pre-school for the year...I wonder how long it will take before he hands us his backpack and drags us to the front door. I think he likes school, he's always excited to go. I know he loves circle time when they sing. I swear he's trying to sing Bingo, he does the clapping and everything!

Jakob has been in a pretty good mood the past few days. I haven't had too tough of a time getting him to do what I want. He's been snuggly, sweet and laughing a lot...just the way I enjoy him most. He's been using a lot of sign language. I need to learn more signs so I can teach him. There's always so much to learn...

Jakob is just so darn smart. He loves those Ritz Carackers sandwich crackers that have peanut butter, cheese or american and mozarella in the middle. We try to give him the peanut butter ones the most since we figure those are probably the healthiest. Well, for the past few days, whenever we take out the box of the peanut butter ones, he grabs the box and pulls us over to the pantry. He tries to reach the shelf where all the crackers are so we pick him up. Then, the little booger puts the box of peanut butter crackers back and looks at all the boxes until he finds the american cheese and mozarella ones. He hands us that box and uses the sign for "open". Every time he does this, I just crack up (and of course give him what he wants). I can't help but wonder if he knows the difference between the pictures or if he can read. The more I watch him with anything with letters and words, I think he's reading.

I'm so glad we've done so much with our back yard...the fence, deck, swingset, trampoline. It's just so nice to hang out back there. Jakob loves to be outside. He runs around, plays with bubbles, jumps on the tramp and shows everybody where he wants them to sit. I just added some windchimes so we'll see how long it takes for him to notice. He loves music so much that I figure he'll really get a kick out of them. I went to this place in Westchester called "The Bird Garden", that's where I got the windchimes and I also bought a bird feeder. I want to attract cardinals so they told me what kind of food to get...bright red birds flying around will hopefully grab Jakob's attention too.

I'm really trying to relax...it's not easy but I'm trying. I'm really looking forward to the weekend, I have all 3 days off. I can't wait to just do "whatever". My goal is to hang with Jakob as much as he'll let me and make him giggle as much as possible.

-Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home