Friday, December 17, 2004

December 17th, 2004

Today is my last day at work before my 2-week vacation. I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited to have time off work. I’m one of those lucky people…I love my job at the radio station but for the next 2 weeks, I get to enjoy the job of just being Jakob’s mom. I can’t wait to see him every morning when he first gets up, feed him breakfast, snuggle with him while we watch an Elmo video…

I think this is gonna be my best Christmas so far…Jakob is becoming more and more observant every day. The other night, I set off the car alarm accidentally and he screamed!! He used to not even notice loud noises and the darn alarm made him scream and he even started to run!! Sounds crazy, but it was so exciting to see my child startled and scared for the first time!

I have to say…I don’t know what I’d do without his teachers and therapists. Not only have they helped him so much, they have taught me how to help him. Our lives have become so much easier because we’ve learned so much about our son. There is more laughter and an overall feeling of “calm” in our home. I often think so many people who work with kids don’t get the credit they deserve…so please, this holiday season, make sure you thank the people who help you with your children. I’m really trying to thank those who have helped us…

During this vacation, we are going to start a therapy program with Jakob. It’s a relatively new program and we’re lucky to have it offered here in the Tri-State. If you have a child with a learning disability…you may want to look into Sensory Learning available at the Therapy Learning Center. There are 2 locations. Just go to Therapylearningcenter.com. I’ll be telling you all about it when I get back. There are some amazing stories about what this program has done for other kids like Jakob…I pray that it will help him…wish us luck!!

I’m off to play with my little guy…Happy Holidays!

-Jenn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home